Southeast Green - Business depends on the environment and the environment depends on business

Go Green, Save Green: A Simple Guide to Saving Time, Money, and God's Green Earth

Purchase Now - Go Green Save GreenBeth's review: By the time I picked this up many of the tips I was well aware of. However, there were still plenty of things that I had not thought about. I had already incorporated 80% of the ideas but the remaining 20% were valuable for continuing my journey to live more lightly on the planet. It's a must have. It is good to give to people looking green up their lives or just save money. Great gift idea for new homeowners. Loved all the biblical references to encourage us to live our faith in meaningful every day ways. Do yourself a favor purchase used. I've met Nancy and she would prefer it that way ;0) 


Magnificent Kids!: 23 Superheroes who are changing the world - now it's your turn


Purchase now - Magnificent Kids!: 23 Superheroes who are changing the world - now it's your turn

Magnificent Kids! showcases 23 incredible young people who are making the world a better place for humanity, animals and the planet. The book contains ideas, inspiration and tools for anybody to get started with their own world changing project.

"The world needs this book. It's not just a dose of inspiration; Magnificent Kids! brims and bursts with inspiration, hope, boldness and a clear way forward. If we're to turn the predicament of this planet around, we need more magnificent kids like those you'll meet within these pages. I'm so moved by them all. Heroes come in all shapes and sizes and here, you'll meet 23 of them who will move you to action, to be part of the change for a better society. Congratulations to all who worked on this fine and valuable project.”

The Food Babe Way: Break Free from the Hidden Toxins in Your Food and Lose Weight, Look Years Younger, and Get Healthy in Just 21 Days!

The Food Babe WayDid you know that your fast food fries contain a chemical used in Silly Putty? Or that a juicy peach sprayed heavily with pesticides could be triggering your body to store fat? When we go to the supermarket, we trust that all our groceries are safe to eat. But much of what we're putting into our bodies is either tainted with chemicals or processed in a way that makes us gain weight, feel sick, and age before our time.


The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals

The Omnivore's Dilemma - Purchase NowSo I am late to the game with this one. However, even though I finished this in 2015, it is amazing how salient The Onmivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan still is. If you are into sustainability, don't discount the importance of food and agriculture to the overall conversation. This book is full of sustainability lessons.

I have loved this book and have found myself talking about it, writing about it and sending out tweets that quote the book. In fact, I was speaking to someone at Georgia Organics and she told me that it was required reading for all employees when they first start. That's how powerful this book is. Plus, it's very, very well written. The words drip like honey and put you in each setting that makes you feel like you are there with Pollan whether it's preparing a meal or killing Joel Salatin's chickens.


Dr. Vandana Shiva Library

Dr. Vandana Shiva is a renowned activist and author on the issues of sustainable agriculture and environmental justice. She has authored or edited over 42 books. Here is a short list of the must reads.


Last Stand: The New Paperback On Ted Turner The Bison Baron, Wolf Warrior and Eco-Capitalist

Last Stand: Ted Turner's Quest To Save A Troubled Planet - Purchase on AmazonEcology and economy—must there be a disconnect? How can America and other parts of the tamed world be “rewilded”?  What does “eco-capitalism” really look like on the ground?  What does it mean to have wolves  (the largest wolf pack in the Lower 48) and grizzlies living in your backyard? What’s the role of the United Nations in a modern world fraught with nuclear dangers, America-hating terrorists and the spectre of Ebola?  All of these questions flow dramatically through the life of one man, a legendary American media mogul who all these years has lived a parallel lesser-heralded life closer to nature.
In Todd Wilkinson’s critically-acclaimed book, “Last Stand: Ted Turner’s Quest to Save a Troubled Planet,” one of America’s most outspoken and controversial businessmen, environmentalist and humanitarian rises on the page.  Meet Turner the “bison baron” and pathfinding practitioner of the triple bottom line.


Full of Useless Information