DeKalb County only Georgia stop on cross-country tour
DeKalb County will host a stop on the Second Annual “From Sea-to-Shining-Sea” Natural Gas Vehicle (NGV) Road Rally Across America on Monday, June 12 at 11:00 a.m. at the DeKalb County CNG Station, 3720 Leroy Scott Drive, Decatur, GA 30032.
The county is the only Georgia stop on the 18-city, cross-country tour of natural gas vehicles. Several county compressed natural gas vehicles will be on display and industry experts will share information about natural gas efforts in Georgia.
The event site, DeKalb County CNG Station, is the second county-owned compressed natural gas public fueling station. In partnership with Atlanta Gas Light, last year, DeKalb County opened the facility to offer residents access to an alternative, environmentally friendly and affordable fuel source.
Scheduled to speak at the Georgia NGV Road Rally include:
- Billy Malone, DeKalb County, environmental energy manager
- Meredith Lily, DeKalb County, external affairs manager
- Don Francis, Clean Cities Georgia, coordinator
- Tim Echols, Georgia Public Service commissioner
- Stephanie E. Stuckey, City of Atlanta, chief resilience officer
- Shannon Pierce, Atlanta Gas Light, vice president of external affairs
- Don Parsons, Georgia State representative
- David Jaskolski, Pivotal LNG, manager of fuels
- Mike Casteel, UPS, director of fleet procurement
- Arthur Corbin, Municipal Gas Authority of Georgia, president & chief executive officer
Presented by NGVAmerica, the American Public Gas Association (APGA) and the American Gas Association (AGA), the NGV Road Rally highlights the benefits of using clean-burning, domestic natural gas in transportation and the variety of vehicles available today that operate on natural gas. For more information about the national tour, visit www.ngvamerica.org/2017rally.