This video was made possible by the Emory University Office of Sustainability. Shot by George Nikas and his great crew.
Jon Fishman of Phish and David Whiteside film a PSA for Black Warrior Riverkeeper. Produced by David Whiteside. Edited by David Whiteside. Special thanks: WaterWheel Foundation, Briar and Jon Fishman, Beth Montouri-Rowles, Matthew Beck, Charles Scribner, Arthur Crenshaw, John Hoving, Robert F. Kennedy III, and Robert F. Kennedy Jr.
A southwest Georgia peanut shelling plant is now home to the largest rooftop solar system in Georgia. The 87 peanut growers who operate the facility believe there are significant financial and environmental savings by going solar. Rick Treptow has the story.
Tedra Cheatham, executive director of The Clean Air Campaign, comments on the recent failure of the T-SPLOST referendum.
What do we gain?
- 200k - A yes vote means nearly 200,000 jobs will be supported or created, with two-thirds of them being in high or mid-paying sectors.
- $9.2B - Collectively, our region will benefit from a $9.2 billion savings in fuel and personal time
- $924 - The current expense per average metro commuter due to traffic congestion.
- 24% - Average decrease in traffic delays with buildout of 157 transportation projects
What do we lose?
- Federal funding for GRTA the regional bus service.
- Jobs, jobs, jobs and more jobs
- State revenue as companies choose to relocate in other Southern Cities